NO. 106 LARKIN HOUSE - The adobe-and-wood Larkin House was built in 1835 by Thomas Oliver Larkin, a Yankee merchant who came to California in April 1832. Since Larkin was the only U.S. consul to California under Mexican rule, his home became the American consulate from 1844 to 1846, and it was also used as military headquarters by Kearny, Mason, and Sherman.
464 Calle Principale, Monterey. SW corner of Jefferson and Calle Principal, Monterey
We missed the plaque on our first visit, April 12, 2015. There are two plaques in the garden behind the gate. (Thanks for the Info, Dave Shmitt.)