NO. 146 TRINIDAD HEAD - On June 11, 1775, Bruno de Hezeta, commandant of an expedition up the northwest coast, marched with his men and two Franciscan fathers from the shore of the bay to the summit of Trinidad Head. Here they erected a cross and took possession in the name of Charles III of Spain.
1.5 mi W of Hwy 101, Trinidad, USCG Station
From the parking lot at the base of Trinity Head, there is a .8 mile walk up hill to the cross.