NO. 163 SITE OF WOOD'S FERRY AND WOOD'S BRIDGE - In 1852, immediately after his arrival and completion of his cabin, Wood proceeded to build a ferryboat and establish the crossing known as Wood's Ferry. In 1858, he built a toll bridge at the old ferry crossing, charging $1 for a pair of animals and wagon, and .50 extra for every additional pair of animals with the wagon.
Lower Sacramento Road/Present bridge, J10
NO. 163 SITE OF WOOD'S FERRY AND WOOD'S BRIDGE