NO. 22 PORTOLÁ EXPEDITION CAMP - The Portolá Expedition of 1769 camped on the south bank of Purisima Creek on October 27. The Indian village on the north bank of the creek was named 'Las Pulgas' by the army engineer with the party because the soldiers who occupied some abandoned Indian huts became covered with fleas.
Mouth of Purisima Creek, 1/2 mi W of State Hwy 1 (P.M. 24.6), 4.1 mi S of Half Moon Bay
The very kind owner of the property pointed out the area that state archaeologists identified as historical sites.
NO. 22 PORTOLÁ EXPEDITION CAMP, Mouth of Purisima Creek