NO. 228 CARBONDALE - This is the site of the 1878 coal discovery. The mine, called the Santa Clara, was operated by the Southern Pacific. The village of Carbondale was built on the flat. When the mine was closed down, Carbondale's buildings were moved away and today not one remains.
Silverado Community Church entrance, Silverado Canyon Rd.
The address to the church is: 8002 Silverado Canyon Rd., Silverado, CA 92676, The Plaque is on the East side of the parking lot, behind the "Silverado Community Church" sign.
NO. 228 CARBONDALE - Private Plaque