NO. 257 CAMPO SECO - Campo Seco was settled in 1849 by Mexicans who worked placers in Oregon Gulch. The largest living cork oak tree in California was planted here in 1858. The iron doors of the ruined Adams Express Building were still standing in 1950.
Campo Seco and Penn Mine Roads.... Just North of: 4025 Campo Seco Rd Valley Springs, CA 95252
NO. 257 CAMPO SECO - Marker