NO. 276 ROBINSON'S FERRY - In 1848 John W. Robinson and Stephen Mead established ferry transport for freight, animals and persons across river. In 1856 Harvey Wood purchased interest and later acquired property which was maintained by Wood Family until 1911. Charges were 50 cents for each passenger, horse, jenny or other animal.
Vista point on State Hwy 49 (P.M. 0.6), 5.4 mi S of Angels Camp ---- or: 5858 CA-49, Angels Camp, CA 95222