NO. 288 ALTAVILLE - The history of Altaville is closely identified with that of Angels Camp. Altaville has been the foundry town of Calaveras County since D. D. Demerest established a foundry there in 1854. Most of the stamp mills and a large part of the mining machinery erected in Calaveras and Tuolumne Counties were built at the Altaville Foundry. A brick schoolhouse was built at Altaville in 1858 and the townsite was established in 1873.
SR 49 at Murphy's Grade Rd. (Main Street and Mrphy's Grade Road, Angels Camp.
Approximate address: 277 S Main St, Angels Camp, CA 95222. It is down in the parking lot at Southwest corner where SR 49 (Main Street) and Murphy's Grade Rd. intersect.