NO. 298 EMPIRE MINE - The Empire Mine was originally located by George D. Roberts in October 1850. In the spring of 1854, the Empire Mining Company was incorporated and in 1865 new works, including a 30-stamp mill, were erected. In 1869 Wm. B. Bourn, Sr. purchased the Empire, when he died, Wm. B. Bourn, Jr. took over its management. The Empire was in constant operation from 1850 to the late 1950s.
Empire Mine State Historic Park, 10791 Empire St, 1.2 mi E of Grass Valley
NO. 298 EMPIRE MINE - State Park