NO. 322 SUTTER CREEK - This town was named after John A. Sutter, who came to the region in 1846, and was the first to mine the locality in 1848. There was little activity at Sutter Creek until 1851, when quartz gold was discovered. In 1932 the Central Eureka mine, discovered in 1869, had reached the 2,300-foot level. By 1939, it was the best-paying mine at Sutter Creek.
Veteran's Memorial Hall, Main and Badger Sts, Sutter Creek
18 Main St Sutter Creek, California 95685