NO. 340 MISSION LA PURÍSIMA - Established December 8, 1787, by Father Lasuén, the mission was badly damaged by an earthquake in 1812. Removed from control of Franciscans during secularization of the missions, it was abandoned in 1834. State and National Park Services and the Civilian Conservation Corps restored major and many small structures and the water system so that today La Purisima is the only example in California of a complete mission.
La Purisima Mission State Historic Park. There are 2 plaques for this mission. One is located at the intersection of Rucker and Harris Grade Rd, north of the mission. The other is on the north side of Hwy 246, about 1 mile east of the mission.