NO. 402 TOWN OF MICHIGAN BLUFF - Founded in 1850 and first known as Michigan City, the town was located on the slope one-half mile from here. Leland Stanford, who gained wealth and fame in California, operated a store in Michigan City from 1853 to 1855. In 1858 the town became undermined and unsafe so it was moved to this location and renamed Michigan Bluff.
Intersection of Gorman Ranch and Auburn -Foresthill Rds, Michigan Bluff