NO. 413 TAILHOLT - Tailholt began as a gold mining camp about 1856 during the Kern River gold rush, when gold was obtained from placer and shaft operations. Mining has been carried on intermittently since the time of discovery, with a considerable settlement here during active periods. The town's name was changed to White River about 1870.
SW corner of County Hwy M109 (old Springville stage rte) and County Hwy MI2, 8.0 mi S of Fountain Springs