NO. 47 ANZA EXPEDITION CAMP - Here on the banks of San Mateo Creek Captain J. B. de Anza camped March 29, 1776, after exploring the peninsula and selecting the sites for the Mission and Presidio of San Francisco. The party of families, soldiers, and priests, on their way to establish San Francisco, also camped here for three days, June 24-27, 1776.
From El Camino Real (State Hwy 82), go W one block on W 3rd Ave, turn N on Arroyo Court, go 1/2 block and turn left, plaque is 300 ft W, San Mateo
NO. 47 ANZA EXPEDITION CAMP Marker