NO. 474 SITE OF THE FORMER VILLAGE OF SEARSVILLE - Here stood the lumbermen's village of Searsville whose first settler, John Sears, arrived in 1854. Across the road, west of this monument, stood a hotel. The school, store, blacksmith shop, and dwellings were to the southeast, some on the site of the present lake and others overlooking it. These buildings were removed in 1891, as water rose behind the new dam.
On Portola NW corner intersection of Sandhill and Portola Rds, Woodside