NO. 654-1 CHEVRA KADDISHA (HOME OF PEACE CEMETERY) - This site was the first Jewish cemetery in California. On November 12, 1850, R. J. Watson gave a Deed of Trust to Louis Schaul: 'Lot number four in the square between thirty-second and thirty-third and J and K Streets . . . for the Sacramento City Hebrew Association for a burial ground.'
3230 J Street