NO. 682 SITE OF YORK'S CABIN, CALISTOGA - Among the first houses in this area was John York's log cabin, constructed in October 1845. Rebuilt as part of the home of the Kortum family, it was used as a residence until razed in 1930. Nearby was the cabin of David Hudson, also built in October 1845. Calistoga was named by Samuel Brannan.
SW corner Hwy 29 (Foothill Blvd) and Lincoln Ave, Calistoga
The State Plaque is in the parking lot, next to the street. It is hidden by bushes and a palm.