NO. 692 HOOD HOUSE - This was the site of Rancho los Guilucos (18,833 acres), which Governor Juan Bautista Alvarado granted to John Wilson and his wife, Ramona Carrillo, sister-in-law of General Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo, in 1839. The house, constructed in 1858 by William Hood for his bride, Elsia Shaw of Sonoma, incorporates the original bricks fired on the property. The property was purchased in 1943 by the California Department of the Youth Authority for Los Guilucos School for Girls.
7501 Sonoma Hwy (Hwy 12), Santa Rosa
We drove to the Hood House on Sonoma Hwy (Hwy 12). When it intersected with North Pythion Drive, we turned onto N. Pythion Road and headed north. We passed the St. Francis Winery and then veered left at the fork in the road. After the Fork, make a quick right to stay on Pythion until just about the end of the road..