NO. 709 WEAVERVILLE JOSS HOUSE - Hundreds of Chinese miners came to the Weaverville area in the 1850s and prospered despite hardships, discrimination, and tax on foreign miners. The first house of worship burned in 1873, the Chinese continued their religious traditions in the present temple, dedicated April 18, 1874. Moon Lim Lee, trustee and grandson of one of its contributors, gift-deeded the 'Temple Amongst the Forest Beneath the Clouds' to the State.
630 Main St, Weaverville, CA 96093