NO. 783 JACOBY BUILDING - The basement and first story of this building were constructed in 1857 for Agustus Jacoby, and housed various mercantile firms during its early years as a principal supply point for the Klamath-Trinity mining camp trade. It served occasionally as a refuge in time of the Indian troubles from 1858 through 1864. It was acquired by A. Brizard in 1880.
791 8th Street, Arcata, California. SE corner of Eighth and H. PLAQUE at NE corner of Eighth and H.
There is an addition plaque on the rear exterior wall of the building.