NO. 808 CAMP SALVATION - Here, on September 23, 1849, Lieut. Cave J. Couts, Escort Commander, International Boundary Commission, established Camp Salvation. From September till the first of December 1849, it served as a refugee center for distressed emigrants attempting to reach the gold fields over the Southern Emigrant Trail.
Rockwood Plaza, Sixth St E at Heber Ave, Calexico ~~~or~~~ 400 Block of East 5th Street, Calexico CA 92231, United States of America.