NO. 830 OLD TOWN SAN DIEGO STATE HISTORIC PARK - Settled by pensioned soldiers from the presidio and their families, Old Town grew into a cluster of adobe houses and garden plots in the early 1800s. By 1835, 'it was composed of about 40 dark brown looking huts.' The Stars and Stripes was first raised over the plaza in 1846 by Marines from the U.S.S. Cyane.
4016 Wallace Street, Old Town San Diego
The state marker is on the outside front wall of the Barra Barra Saloon.