NO. 838 OLD INDIAN VILLAGE OF TSURAI - Directly below was located the Yurok village of Tsurai. A prehistoric permanent Indian community, it was first located and described by Captains Bodega and Heceta, June 9-19, 1775. The houses were of hand-split redwood planks, designed for defense and protection. The village was occupied until 1916.
At the intersection of Edwards St. and Ocean Avenue. We used this address: 549 Ocean Ave, Trinidad, CA 95570. It is on the south side of Edwards St.
(Tsurai roughly pronounced, "Cher ray")