NO. 875 OLD UNITED STATES MINT – This is San Francisco’s second mint (1869). California’s only such Federal Greek Revival structure. Due to unsurpassed productivity, it became a sub-treasury in 1874. Intact after the 1906 disaster, it served as a clearinghouse bank, thus aiding in the city’s reconstruction. Closed in 1937, it was restored in 1972-1976 by Mint Director Mary Brooks
5th Street and Mission Streets, San Francisco. (88 "5th" Street)
Our first visit was in September 2015. We returned in 2017 when we learned that there is an annual Open House on the first weekend of March. See the "San Francisco History Days" link below.