NO. 894 S.S. CATALINA - Commonly referred to as the Great White Steamer, the ship was specially built by William Wrigley to serve his Catalina Island as a passenger ferry. She was christened on May 23, 1924. During World War II, she was requisitioned for use as a troop carrier, but in 1946 she resumed her voyages to Avalon.
Original location: Port of Los Angeles, Catalina Terminal, Berth 96. New location: Ensenada Harbor Ensenada, Mexico (The SS Catalina was scrapped in 2009)
Until 1975, the SS Catalina was located at The Port of Los Angeles, Berth 96. Later, she became a floating disco. In 1997, she ran aground in Ensenada, Mexico, where she remained until she was scrapped in 2009.