No. 139 ST. JAMES EPISCOPAL CHURCH - The seventh parish of the Protestant Episcopal Church in California, St. James is the oldest Episcopal Church building in the state. The first services were held in the church on October 4, 1859, and it was consecrated by Rt. Rev. Wm. Ingraham Kip in 1870.
42 Snell Street, Sonora, California--- Intersection of N Washington (State Hwy 49) and Elkin Sts, Sonora
There is a red wood plaque on the east side.