NO. 140 WELLS FARGO EXPRESS COMPANY BUILDING - This building, erected in 1849 by the Walkerly brothers, was subsequently owned by the Morris brothers. It housed a general merchandise store in connection with the office of Adams Express Company, predecessor of Wells Fargo & Company. The original express agents were Sol Miller, C. W. H. Solinsky, and the Morris brothers.
NW corner Main Street and Solinsky Alley, Chinese Camp
NO. 140 WELLS FARGO EXPRESS COMPANY BUILDING - exterior