NO. 178 SITE OF FIRST BUILDING IN PRESENT CITY OF STOCKTON - In August 1844, the first settlers arrived at Rancho del Campo de los Franceses. One of the company, Thomas Lindsay, built the first dwelling, a tule hut, on this site. He was later murdered by Indians and buried here by travelers. The Point was formed by the junction of McLeod's Lake and Miner's Channel.
425 North El Dorado Street At City Hall