NO. 262 MILTON - Completion of the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1871 marked the birth of the town of Milton. Named after Milton Latham, one of the railroad construction engineers, this town was the first in Calaveras County to have a railroad. Freight and passengers continued their journeys to other parts of Calaveras County by wagon and stagecoach.
Rock Creek Road and County Road J14
Private plaque located at: 17080 Plaza St, Farmington, CA 95230
NO. 262 MILTON