NO. 295 PALOMA - Gwin Mine, Paloma, and Lower Rich Gulch were mined for placer gold in 1849, and quartz was discovered by J. Alexander in 1851. Property here was acquired by Wm. M. Gwin, California's first U.S. Senator, in 1851. After yielding millions of dollars in gold, the Gwin Mine closed in 1908.
Intersection of Paloma Rd and Edster St, 5 mi SW of Mokelumne Hill. (It is next door to to Post Office at: 6232 Paloma Rd., Valley Springs, CA 95252
NO. 295 PALOMA - Marker