NO. 311 WARNER'S RANCH - In 1844, Governor Manuel Micheltorena granted 44,322 acres to Juan José Warner, who built this house. General Kearny passed here in 1846, and the Mormon Battalion in 1847. The first Butterfield Stage stopped at this ranch on October 6, 1858, on its 2,600-mile, 24-day trip from Tipton, Missouri to San Francisco, the southern overland route into California.
29181 San Felipe Road, Warner Springs CA 92086. On the S2/half mile east of the 79 junction
The Ranch House is open to the public on weekends 12PM to 4PM and by appointment. Info sohosandiego.org 619 297-9327