NO. 320 TIMBUCTOO - In 1855, Timbuctoo was the largest town in eastern Yuba County. At the height of its prosperity it contained a church, theater, stores, hotels, and saloons, a Wells Fargo office, and the Stewart Bros. store which was restored in 1928 and dedicated to the town's pioneer men and women.
Plaque located on State Hwy 20 (P.M. 14.9). Site on Timbuctoo Rd, 1.0 mi W of Smartville
The plaque is .2 mi east of 9298 Monument Trail, Browns Valley, CA 95918