NO. 338 MISSION SANTA CLARA - Founded nearby on the edge of the Guadalupe River on January 12, 1777, this is the first California mission to honor a woman-Clare of Assisi. The mission, which once had the largest Indian population of any in California, was moved after floods and earthquake, its fifth church was dedicated on this site in 1825. In 1851 Santa Clara College was established in the old mission buildings.
In front of Mission Church, Univ of Santa Clara, The Alameda and Lexington St, Santa Clara