NO. 343 OLD STORE AT LA HONDA - In the winter of 1861-62, John L. Sears settled in the mountains 17 miles from Redwood City. He named the place La Honda and built a store that was sometimes called the 'Bandit-Built Store' because two men that he employed-Jim and Bob Younger, newcomers to the area-were later proved to be members of the James Boys gang.
State Highway 84 (P.M. 8.91), NW Corner of La Honda and Sears Ranch Roads
"Apple Jack's" is diagonally across the "old La Honda Store". It began as a Blacksmith Shop n 1890. For a time, John Sears used it as his store.