NO. 342 SITE OF MISSION SANTA CRUZ - Mision la Exaltación de la Santa Cruz, the 12th Franciscan Mission, was consecrated by Father Fermín Lasuén in August 1791. In 1793 the adobe church was built where the Holy Cross Catholic Church is now located. The mission was damaged by several earthquakes and finally collapsed in 1857. Plaza Park is located at the center of the mission complex which contained 32 buildings at the time of its secularization in 1834, the last building remains on School Street.
Plaza Park, NE corner of Emmet and Mission Sts, Santa Cruz
State plaque ine th park across the street from the mission