NO. 44 SITE OF MORMON STOCKADE - On this site in 1839 was built the first house in San Bernardino, the home of José del Carmen Lugo, one of the grantees of the San Bernardino Rancho. In 1851 a stockade of logs was built here as a protection against the Indians, in it more than a hundred families lived for over a year.
351 North Arrowhead Avenue and Court Street (San Bernardino County Courthouse)
NO. 44 SITE OF MORMON STOCKADE - Street Sign