NO. 448 PATCHEN - 'Mountain Charley' McKiernan, one of the earliest residents of the Santa Cruz Mountains, settled near here in 1850, and John Martin Schultheis and his wife homesteaded land about a mile from here in 1852. Their home was still standing in 1950. The Patchen Post Office, named for a famous racehorse, was located in this vicinity from 1872 to the 1920s.
Intersection of Old Santa Cruz Hwy (P.M. 3.57) and Mtn Charlie Rd, 1.2 mi SE of Holy City
22220 Old Santa Cruz Hwy, Los Gatos, California 95033