NO. 449 GLENWOOD - This historic town was founded by Charles C. Martin, who came around the Horn in 1847, and his wife, Hannah Carver Martin, who crossed the Isthmus. Martin first homesteaded the area in 1851 and operated a tollgate and station for stagecoaches crossing the mountains. Later he developed a lumber mill, winery, store, and the Glenwood Resort Hotel.
West side of street. 4199 Glenwood Dr, Scotts Valley. 0.4 mi N of Glenwood cutoff rd (Martin Rd), NE of Scotts Valley