NO. 511 VICENTE MARTÍNEZ ADOBE - In 1849 Vicente J. Martínez built this adobe on Rancho Pinole, which had been granted to Ignacio Martínez in 1836. In 1853, Vicente sold the adobe to Edward Franklin, after whom the canyon in which the adobe was located was named, and the adobe was known as the Franklin Canyon Adobe.
4202 Alhambra Avenue, Martinez
The adobe became part of the John Muir National Historic Site. The state plaque is in the parking lot. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours Of Operation: Muir Home Site: Open 7 days a week from 10:00am to 5:00pm,