NO. 561 SCHRAMSBERG - Founded in 1862 by Jacob Schram, this was the first hillside winery of the Napa Valley. Robert Louis Stevenson, visiting here in 1880, devoted a chapter of his 'Silverado Squatters' to Schramsberg and its wines, Ambrose Bierce and Lilly Hitchcock Coit were other cherished friends. The original house and winery have been excellently preserved.
End of Schramsberg Rd, on Hwy 29, 3.1 mi S of Calistoga