NO. 623 UNION SQUARE - This was the center of San Francisco in pioneer days, deeded for public use January 3, 1850 during the administration of John White Geary, first mayor and postmaster, and later Governor of Kansas and Pennsylvania. The name originated in 1860 when public meetings were held here in support of the Union.
NE corner of Geary and Powell, San Francisco
Local shop owners say that the plaque was removed during construction. They do not know when, where, or if it will be replaced. The last image is from a San Francisco photo tour website.