NO. 765 TEMPLE ISRAEL CEMETERY - Donated by Captain Charles M. Weber in 1851 for use as a cemetery by the Jewish community of Stockton, this is the oldest Jewish cemetery in continuous use in California and west of the Rocky Mountains.
1110 E. Acacia St. Stockton, CA 95205 (between N Pilgrim and N Union Sts,)
2014 VISIT: The state plaque is missing, but it was not stolen. The cemetery superintendent removed it himself to place it in storage. For the full story, see the link below. ---------- 2016 VISIT Instead of replacing the place, a duplicate plaque was etched into the existing stone marker. ---------- 2017 VISIT: The state plaque is in storage at Temple Israel in Stockton.
On April 29, 2017, Mr. Sheldon Barr allowed us to visit and photograph the plaque that is in storage. What a nice guy!