NO. 772 ORIGINAL SITE OF ST. MARY'S COLLEGE - In August 1863, Archbishop Joseph Sadoc Alemany, OP, opened St. Mary's College here with a faculty of two diocesan priests, four laymen, and two student teachers. In August 1868, at the invitation of the archbishop, Brother Justin McMahon and seven Christian Brothers took charge of St. Mary's.
Intersection of Mission and College Sts, San Francisco. (The landmark is on College Street, 125 ft east of the intersection.)