Previous Next

CHL No. 794 McFadden Wharf - Orange


NO. 794 McFADDEN WHARF - The original wharf on this site was completed in the summer of 1888 by the McFadden brothers. As the seaward terminus of their Santa Ana and Newport Railway it became the funnel through which flowed a major part of the lumber and other goods that built Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties during the period from 1891 to 1907.


Newport Pier, SE corner of W Ocean Front and McFadden Place, Newport Beach
Open Map

NO. 794 McFADDEN WHARF - Marker