NO. 842 ARCATA AND MAD RIVER RAIL ROAD COMPANY - Incorporated December 15, 1854, as the Union Plank Walk, Rail Track, and Wharf Company, the Arcata and Mad River Rail Road is the oldest line on the north coast. Originally using a horse-drawn car, the railroad served as a link between Humboldt Bay and the Trinity River mines. Later, locomotives were added as the line grew to serve the redwood industry.
Across the street from: 239 Railroad Ave, Blue Lake. Across the street from F St. and Railroad Ave, Blue Lake
State Plaque is across the street from: 239 Railroad Ave, Blue Lake. It is in the rear parking lot of the Blue Lake Museum.