NO. 843 NORTH STAR MINE POWERHOUSE - The North Star Powerhouse, built by A. D. Foote in 1895, was the first complete plant of its kind. Compressed air, generated by Pelton water wheels, furnished power for the entire mine operation. The 30-foot Pelton wheel was the largest in the world, and was in continuous use for over 30 years.
10933 Allison Ranch Rd, Grass Valley, CA 95949. Mining and Pelton Wheel Museum
NO. 843 NORTH STAR MINE POWERHOUSE - Marker