NO. 880 FISCHER-HANLON HOUSE - In 1849, Joseph Fisher, a Swiss immigrant, came to Benicia. After joining a butcher partnership, Fischer purchased this lot on July 1, 1858 and moved the house, reputed to be an old hotel, onto it. The building, an outstanding example of East Coast Federalist styling, illustrates architectural diffusion during the Gold Rush.
135 W G St, Benicia
The state plaque is between the Fischer-Hanlon House and the Benecia Capitol Building next door.