NO. 98 KEYSVILLE - From 1853 until 1870, Keysville was a center of both placer and quartz gold mining. On the knoll just below the townsite may still be seen the outlines of an earthworks fort, built to meet a possible Indian attack in 1863.
State Hwy 155 (P.M. 70.0) —> West on Keysville Road —> Continue west onto Black Gulch Road (3.3 mi W of Lake IsabelIa)
Old style state plaque