NO. 999 MARIN COUNTY CIVIC CENTER - The Civic Center Complex was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (1869-1959) near the end of his long career. The administration Building was completed in 1962 and the Hall of Justice in 1970. They are the only government buildings designed by the distinguished architect that were ever actually constructed. The project fully embodied Wright's ideal of organic architecture-a synthesis of buildings and landscape. In Wright's words, the structures were planned to 'melt into the sunburnt hills.'
10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, CA 94903
The plaque is located on an exterior wall of the Civic Center. It is on the wall next to the 1st floor doors that open on to Peter Bear Dr. (See the map below)