NO. 124 TUTTLETOWN - This early-day stopping place for men and mounts was named for Judge Anson A. H. Tuttle, who built the first log cabin here in 1848. Stones used in the base for the plaque are from the old Swerer store built in 1854, remains of which still exist (1949). Mark Twain traded here. Tuttletown Hotel, built in 1852 and still standing in 1949, was last operated by John Edwards.
On State Hwy 49 (P.M. 24.8) at Wilcox Ranch Rd, Tuttletown
The marker is about 180 feet north of "The Red Barn" at 8544 CA-49, Sonora, CA 95370